Anti – Sexual Harassment Committee
- Sexual harassment at a College is considered violation of women’s right to equality, life and liberty. It creates an insecure and hostile learning environment, which discourages women’s participation in College, thereby adversely affecting their social and economic empowerment and the goal of inclusive growth.
- With more and more women joining the College, both in organized and unorganized sectors, ensuring an enabling College environment for women through legislation is felt imperative by the Government. The proposed legislation contains provisions to protect every woman from any act of sexual harassment irrespective of whether such woman is employed or not.
- To comply with the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India requiring all employers to develop and implement a policy for prevention of sexual harassment at the College.
- To evolve a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender based violence at the College.
- To follow and implement the Act enjoining all employers to constitute an “Internal Complaints Committee” and lay down guidelines for redressal of complaint related to sexual harassment of Women at the College.
This policy shall be applicable to all students and employees of the college engaged currently and will be employed in future including those on deputation, Contract, Temporary, Trainee, Part Time or Consultants.